|From Tanya Eats|
The kids' portion.
Now, our family loves ourselves some pesto. Jaron just loves pasta...period...and rice. That boy is all about his carbs. Anyhoo, we love basil too...love it, love it, love it. Almost as much as garlic. But, garlic reigns supreme in this household and I doubt any other ingredient could usurp it.
- 3/4 lb penne rigate pasta
- 1/2 lb (about 4) Roma tomatoes, very ripe and sweet
- 8 large, fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp unsalted roasted almonds
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed and peeled
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano)
This was our serving (w/a bottle of crushed red pepper...hahaha)...with garlicky brussel sprouts & salad w/garlic-balsamic vinegarette.