5.20.2009

Edamame Hummus



Did I make it? You bet I did! With an hour to spare before pushing, my hubby dropped me off at the hospital and took the kiddies home to grandma (who was already at the hospital). Our baby came in an hour and a half later and we couldn't be more thrilled!!! She is GORGEOUS and a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD baby!!! We're missing her already.

Anyhoo...Jaron and I went to TJ's today, only to find they didn't have Sean's uber-fave edamame hummus (introduced to us by our lovely Kim). So, in honor of my awesome hubby who got off the sub and drove us up to DC in the nick of time...homemade edamame hummus. Which, I dare say, might be better than TJs and definitely healthier!

Tan's Edamame Hummus
1 cup shelled edamame (I used TJ's shelled edamame which yields an oz. more than a cup)
1/2 cup silken tofu
1/4 cup lemon juice, plus more for taste
1 large garlic clove
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, or more till desired consistency
Salt, to taste
Optional ingredients: cumin, cilantro, parsley, white pepper, curry powder, roasted red pepper, basil, etc.

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor except salt (I used a Vita-mix). Taste and add salt to desired taste. Add more lemon juice or olive oil, if needed.

Serve with crudite, pita crackers, or whatever...but ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not a fan of edamame and I don't like hummus... but... I always like dropping in on your blog to catch up with you :)

Smooch!

Healthcare and IT Professionals said...

Really nice blog and good effort so for.

Big M blog.

Sri said...

Hey!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
We just moved to the Chesapeake Area and my neighbor mentioned about Trader's Joe. Hmm..I have to take a look.