1.15.2010

Yakisoba

Need something quick & easy when you're in a pinch? I've got your answer...yakisoba. All you've got to know is how to saute/stiry-fry up ome meat (optional) and veggies and you're good to go.

How?

Because this little bad boy has all you need...


Yup. DIrections & sauce packet...you add the stuff...if you want.

I don't always want to cook...but sometimes going out is A) unhealthier than eating something quasi-processed @ home and B) cheaper. Girl can't always be so healthy and fresh...sometimes...you just have to cheat....sometimes. Ok, rarely...

So, here's the skinny...

Chop up veggies...I had napa cabbage, julienned carrots, sliced onions, and frenched green beans. Throw it in a pan and cook momentarily. You don't want to cook the veggies all the way through or else they'll become mushy...unless that's what you're into...then, by all means, go for it. Take veggies out and set aside.

Take some meat...ground, sliced, cubed...whatever type and whatever cut you want. Marinate that bad boy in a little bit of soy sauce, minced garlic, ground black pepper, and a touch of sesame oil. Brown it up in some olive oil (or neutral oil if you prefer). Put with veggies that have set aside.


Cook the noodles according to direx. Use caution when using the seasoning mix since it could be way too much. You can always add more later. Throw meat/veg mixture in.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Melis said...

I am FOREVER looking for ways to cheat. I love you for this - I've never given those noodles much thought but what a great meal - mmm! Thanks!

Tanya said...

Girl...you are MORE than welcome! I just remembered that my mom used to do the same method for RAMEN noodles too! That bad boy's really easy too...maybe not the healthiest...but EASY!

Melis said...

I just tried it night before last - oh my word! I didn't pick up Yakisoba, but grabbed a couple of packets of soba noodles, just plain ones, and a bottle of Stir-Fry sauce (because I'm lazy like that). I had savoy cabbage, carrots, green onions, peas and yellow squash on hand and I marinated some chicken breasts in soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and some honey, sliced it and browned it and tossed that and the cooked veggies with the cooked noodles and the stir fry sauce... all told it took me about 10 minutes to cook everything and it was delish! Even Mr. Picky Pants loved it and I'd SO much rather eat that than the delivery Lo Mein that Justin's forever begging for. Thanks again! Also, I always add frozen peas and frozen corn to RAMEN noodles (called "soup in the bag" in my household) to give it a semblance of decent food.

Tanya said...

YAY YAY YAY!! Good googily moogily...still cooking and dying from sickness. You. Are. Superwoman.